Apollo 18: I went along!

...I was anticipating for this Apollo 18 movie.I could have asked Glo my wife for this movie but she would have to endure this docu type film for my sake and honestly I would like to see her rest after a busy day at school. My colleagues decided not to watch movies of my recomendation ever since I recommended District 9(which I think is one of the most creative alien movie where the theme is so linked with our migrants issue).

So i gave it a shot on my own.I wanted to see the movie.After my Church Choir practice I headed straight to G Plaza. I dropped by at my former music hangout at G hotel met my old band mates...whom have matured into Superstar playing.And i mean it from the bottom of my heart.Scully and Kenny were just awesome.Need i say more about Chris?He was on fire. I really had a good time. And what a suprise I met Mable a friend whom i met when I did my recording at HitZ studio.She was very helpful during the recording sessions and was supportive of my Jazz organ group.

Beneath all that I was very excited for the movie.Its after all about apollo missions.I was so into this space programme that i remembered i used to read about it everyday on the net ,watch documentary and read encyclopedias.I am darn sure i can even land the lunar module on the moon and drive the Lunar Rover(by the way one of the earliest form of the electric car)...but beneath all this i was also taken up by the question 'Did man ever landed on the moon?'...emm.I would reserve my comments on that.But please make your own conclusions on it.

Anyway, after chatting away with my buddies .I rushed up to gurney plaza. The shutters were semi shut.I already felt like I was in a space station heading for blast off or lift off i guess. I always hate walking into a movie late.I looked up.The Cineplex was at the seventh floor.I looked at the escalators-They are still!not moving.....Nooooooooooooo...........I have 5minutes before the show starts.(I pre-bought the ticket earlier before heading to meet my music buddies.)I ran up the escalator!My mind was making me look at the complex like a rocket launch centre ...somehow the ignition fume form the rocket booster seems to smoke the place.Luckily the ketupat decorations for the Hari Raya festival made me realise I was in a shopping mall. The movie was at cinema number 4. I ran in

. ..Now way back when i bought the ticket earlier before catching up with my buddies at G hotel I remembered looking at the ticket sales guy and asking 'how do you want me to choose a place when all the seats has been taken?He replied'Sir all the coloured seats means there are no takers.You are the only one.....I was shocked and elated.because for one I dont have to put up with any clown who will answer calls verbally loud.

...I now know that This show was designed for me.Ok I entered the cinema .It was dark. I also know that its also dark in a space module.In fact its cramped in there.But somehow I felt the same.They had same futuristic pre-packed and compacted food whereas I was having my pop corn(extra honey coated) and water.

I waited..it was 1120pm....no clue of audio visual activity.Now it was 1130pm.....still no clue.It was quiet and dark. My popcorn level was halfway down the box.I felt as if I am running out of oxygen.I waited.It was 1145pm.No sign of the show yet...Houston we have a problem!I mean Gurney Plaza we have a problem.I went down to the front and told the guys manning the entrance that the show hasnt started. He reacted by saying maybe the guy who is suppose to screen forgot to project the show because he thought no one is watching!

The show started at 1145pm.For me I just assumed it's like a small delay when they have space vehicle lift off due to bad weather.I ll just consider that.Anyway I sat through the show.its a slow moving movie but fast ending one.It was less than 90minutes.But i was very impressed with the details and research they have done in doing it like a footage.you have to be a documentary type of guy to see this movie.though i know that if they have made it into the usual 3rd person view type it might have made it. I loved all the noise signals and video blurs that gave a 70's look.But one part i wanted badly in the traditional movie type was the launch of the Rocket SaturnV.check this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWHnK2FiCk

But in the movie they stuck to their guns by showing a blurred video of the lift off.

They were some poignant and touching moments in the movie i liked.In fact it was emotionally bugging me even after the movie for a while.Watching a movie about trapped astronauts is one thing.But watching it alone in a cinema is better! At some moments i felt i was trapped with them in the moon.The was no audio but just visuals during some scenes.The astronauts felt cold when they descended into a shadowed crater..and i was feeling cold by the air con blasting full force for a single guy sitting at the cinema.

To make it short when the show ended, I was feeling sad for the astronaut.He begs for the Americans to let him come up from the moon.But the authorities says no because he has been contaminated.He begs because he wants to see his family...was sad indeed for me.Of course he doesnt get to see his family at the end. :(

When i walked to my car to head back home.It struck me that it was not earth the the astronaut wanted to go back but to his family. I guess that's the true universe we human soul seek.A place of belonging, appreciation and love.A place we are loved.And it doesnt matter if we find it on the moon or the earth.

Comments

Popular Posts